A nutritious diet is highly essential for healthy growth and efficient functioning of the human body. While healthy food can come from a variety of sources, a diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids is not easily attained. The level of Omega-3 fatty acids in one’s regular diet is not adequate, which could be one of the reasons behind several diseases.
The benefits of Omega-3 to the human body is enormous. To name a few, heart diseases, nervous system disorders, and mental disorders can be treated with Omega-3 fatty acids. The reason breastmilk should be given to babies for a minimum period of six to twelve months is because, it contains high sources of Omega-3 fatty acids that enhance brain development. Not just infants and children, even adults can enjoy a better memory with the effect of Omega- 3. Since it has high anti-inflammatory properties, it helps to reduce inflammation and also supports a healthy vision.
Many studies are continuing their research on Omega-3 to understand its benefits in treating various medical conditions:
- Cancer: Omega-3 helps to prevent the growth of a tumor. It also helps boost the effects of chemotherapy and control any adverse effects caused due to chemotherapy.
- Vision Health: Omega-3 fatty acids are required for better eye health. Retinal degradation and visual problems can be healed using a diet rich in DHA.
- Stroke: People who add fish to their regular diet and consume it often, usually have a low risk of stroke. In fact, Omega-3 fatty acids can safeguard you for the long-term after you have had a stroke.
- Inflammation: Many diseases caused due to inflammation can be treated using Omega-3 fatty acids, as they have high anti-inflammatory properties. Especially supplements based on fish oil that are rich in eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid has the properties to reduce symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and other disorders caused due to inflammation.
- Respiratory disorders: Diets rich in Omega-3 fatty acids help to curb various respiratory infections and allergies. It can contribute to reducing inflammation in the lungs and also protect the respiratory system from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Heart Health: Omega-3 fatty acids have the potential to repair and rejuvenate impaired heart tissues. It also helps to safeguard the heart from clotting, especially after surgery. It can also regulate heart beat and ensure the heart is free from any infection or inflammation. However, those who are taking blood-thinning medications should consult with a healthcare practitioner before using Omega 3 as a dietary supplement.
- Diabetes: An increase in the intake of diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids has the potential to reduce insulin resistance in diabetic patients.
In summary, Omega 3 fatty acids are a wonderful cure for various medical conditions. In some cases, it may not be able to cure a disease completely yet can reduce the symptoms drastically. Therefore, it is highly essential to include Omega-3 fatty acids in one’s regular diet for better health.
Do you want to find an effective Omega-3 supplement? Check out our top rated Omega-3 products